Jetstar has grown significantly and rapidly over its 14 year lifetime, and we are proud of the culture that has developed. We are now looking to recruit a highest calibre, Group Fatigue Risk Management Specialist to drive and support the effective management of fatigue, and related human performance improvement initiatives across the Jetstar Branded Airlines (JBA’s).
As the Group Fatigue Risk Management Specialist, you will demonstrate an unwavering commitment to improving organisational safety, underpinned by the ability to motivate those around you to effectively manage the risk of fatigue in operational departments across the Jetstar Group.
Reporting to the Manager Group Human Risk, you will provide fatigue risk management specialist advice and support to the Jetstar Branded Airlines (Jetstar Australian & New Zealand, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan and Jetstar Pacific), including:
• Supporting the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of procedures and practices relating to the effective management of fatigue across the Jetstar Group
• Support Jetstar Australia & New Zealand to assure regulatory compliance to Civil Aviation Orders 48.1 [pilots] and 48.2 [cabin crew] and prospective FRMS requirements for other safety-critical personnel
• Support the Jetstar Branded Airlines through providing data analytics prior to roster-build and report to Crew Planning and Network Scheduling
• Develop and deliver fatigue science training and education in a train-the-trainer style approach to key stakeholders to ensure compliance with local regulation
• Conduct Risk Assessment Workshops in projects where fatigue risk is an element
• Develop and perform inflight Fatigue Risk Management interventions, where required
• Support investigations that have fatigue-related causal factors
• Develop and maintain a Fatigue Risk Register for the Jetstar Group, and monitor the effectiveness of controls to ensure continued proactive management
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• Tertiary qualifications in fatigue management and countermeasures domain
• Minimum 3 years' in human factors applied in a safety-critical industry
• Preferred experience in transport rostering and scheduling
• Advanced data analytic and statistics knowledge and application
• Effective communication and ability to build relationships
• The ability to build capability through cross cultural collaboration
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.