Creating a safe and enjoyable customer experience is at the heart of what we do. It is imperative that our cabin crew teams remain informed and compliant with our company's operation manuals, policies and all relevant legislation, both in the air and on the ground.
As Star Development Manager, you will be responsible for effectively coaching and supporting our cabin crew teams whilst in the air. You will provide leadership, guidance and procedural support to the crew combined with ensuring ongoing feedback and communication regarding their personal development.
Reporting to our ground-based Cabin Crew Manager based in Brisbane, key responsibilities of this role are:
- Support and continued development of all cabin crew when flying through the use of the structured performance management tools
- Annual line check of Cabin Crew, Cabin Managers/Customer Service Managers and Inflight Trainers
- Liaison and support regarding all operational and procedural issues
- Assisting in the development and delivery of training and development requirements of cabin crew
- Continued support and development for Altitude candidates, including on line coaching as part of the Altitude program
- Assistance in administration and ground duties associated with the base including engagement of crew
- Manage the performance review process for allocated crew communicated by your Cabin Crew Manager
- Maintain flying credentials and be up to date with all company announcements, procedural updates that may impact the role of cabin crew in the base
- Comply with Corporate and Departmental Service Standards
- Comply with Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure continuous improvement by maintaining open lines of communication with Cabin Crew Manager, Manager Cabin Standards and Manager In flight Training and Performance
- Ensure strong relationships are built with Airport Teams to encourage team work in aircraft turnaround procedures
To be considered for this role, we are ideally seeking:
- A minimum of 12 months service as a cabin crew member, in the capacity of Cabin Manager/Customer Service Manager/Purser or onboard Trainer
- Demonstrated above average performance and EP/SOP knowledge as an onboard Leader
- A demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communication in order to be able to counsel a trainee and accurately record training details.
- Thorough knowledge of standard operating procedures, safety and quality systems relating to Cabin Crew Operations Manuals
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence at all levels with a passion for customer service
- Facilitation, presentation, influencing and diplomacy skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for dealing with people at all levels of the organisation
- Focused on accomplishment with the ability to set realistic goals for self and others
- Computer literacy and proficiency with company programs/software Flexible and willing to recognise the challenges of 24/7 operation
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.