The Jetstar Product and Ancillary Revenue team are an integral part of the broader Commercial function. Working across exciting products including our in-flight entertainment, car hire and credit card, the team ensures the Jetstar products provide the right level of choice for our customers and makes their trip with us a valued experience. With a holistic focus on the customer’s travel journey, using data analytics and working with the broader business, the team is able to innovate and improve our product offering, tailoring to different customer segment needs. Optimising the customers experience, both refining and creating new, exciting product offerings enables business expansion and improvement.
We currently have an exciting 14-month Fixed Term opportunity for an experienced Product Specialist to lead the Jetstar Media & Brand Extensions program across all Jetstar Branded Airlines (Jetstar Australia New Zealand, Jetstar Asia, Jetstar Japan, Jetstar Pacific), including the development of new and existing brand extension products, media assets, ownership of the media P&L and design and oversight of media processes.
Reporting to the Group Manager, Brand Extensions, your main accountabilities will include:
- Responsibility for Jetstar Media & selected Brand Extensions P&Ls group wide
- Jetstar Media assets currently include:
- Jetstar inflight magazine
- Jetstar digital advertising on Jetstar.com and customer emails
- Jetstar ambient advertising (external plane wrap liveries, internal advertising on tray tables, overhead lockers, inflight sampling, boarding passes, etc)
- Management of Jetstar Media agency partner/s – ensuring revenue targets are met, strategic goals are aligned and new opportunities are delivered
- Project manage Jetstar partnership campaigns across various markets, in particular ambient advertising implementation with our networks, engineering and operations teams
- Liaise with Marketing, Digital, Engineering and Operations teams and external partners to ensure Jetstar Media assets are optimised
- Advertising review of Jetstar Magazines for Jetstar Group (for brand & strategic alignment)
- Single link between Jetstar & media supplier/s, including sales pipeline development
- Identify and implement new partner opportunities to improve revenue
- Lead contract negotiation and partner liaison, including TILTA contract process
- Ad hoc brand extension product and program support
- Ensure that reporting is provided for all relevant products and programs to ensure ongoing performance
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in business/commerce/marketing
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Product management / P&L experience
- Flexible approach to work and responsibilities.
- Strong prioritising and time management skills
- Project management skills an advantage
- Well-developed numerical, analytical and computer skills
- Ability to work with a broad range of people across multiple disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software as well as Jetstar standard software packages and ability to learn Dynamic Packaging software.
- Advanced computer skills an advantage
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.