At Jetstar you can expect the unexpected, and because we are constantly evolving you’ll get the chance to think ahead, explore new ideas and contribute in a positive, entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for a trusted Procurement Advisor who is passionate about Business Improvement and Best Practice. Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders across all Jetstar Branded Airlines and Qantas, this position will be responsible for maintaining and driving strategic change in Jetstar’s Procurement Systems, Processes, Policies and Learning & Development program.
Reporting to Manager, Business Improvement & Procurement your main accountabilities will include:
• Supporting the roll-out of Qantas Group Policy, System and Process changes from time to time and liaising closely with Qantas counterparts to deliver efficient and consistent cross-Group solutions
• Ongoing maintenance and data cleansing of Jetstar’s Contract Management Database
• Maintaining and continuously improving Jetstar’s Procurement Portal, including all tools and templates mandatory to supporting Qantas Group’s Procurement Policies and Procedures
• Developing and delivering a Procurement Learning & Development program for the wider Jetstar Procurement community, including acting as a ‘help desk’ for Procurement-related queries
• Providing project management support to Procurement business improvement opportunities
• Working closely with Finance to develop and maintain reporting of spend against contract and/or purchase order, and assisting the business with ongoing contract management and spend analysis
• Assisting to embed and optimise Jetstar’s Oracle iProcurement system, including driving the uptake of Purchase Orders and implementing catalogues with preferred suppliers
• Assisting Jetstar Category Managers with sourcing activity from time to time
• Driving & sustaining behavioural change through coaching and influencing, reinforcing Procurement Best Practice to mitigate risk and optimise value in every contract execution
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• Professional experience in a Procurement, Finance, Legal, Project Support or Administrative role
• Experience in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Experience in a process and/or systems based airline, business or customer service role
• Experience with diverse stakeholders
• Procurement, contract & supplier management experience preferred but not essential
• Self-starter, engaging, resilient, adaptable & experience working under pressure
• Teamwork oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
• Good time management & demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Critical thinker with good problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.