Jetstar thrives on innovation. We're looking for a hard-working, experienced professional to provide support services that help the Jetstar Operations Control Centre (JOCC) teams work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively and develop and maintain best practice.
We are searching for a Manager JOCC Operations to manage the daily activities of the JOCC and to drive enhanced operational efficiency and effectiveness. Reporting to the Head of Jetstar Operations Control Centre, the role will negotiate and influence across operational stakeholder groups, whilst coaching and developing operational teams to achieve business outcomes and link decision-making to commercial objectives.
Key areas of focus include disruption management, crisis management assessments, delay handling and customer service failure recovery planning. You will also need to manage the flow of critical and relevant information, ensuring that it is communicated both internally and externally in an effective and timely manner. Additionally, the role oversees the daily compliance of the Load Control centre and will assist in delivering performance reviews of all JOCC people as and when required.
Other key accountabilities of this role include:
• Managing the daily activities of the JOCC to drive enhanced operational efficiency and effectiveness; balance the competing needs of other departments and stakeholders
• Managing and guiding the development and capability of the operational planning function of the JOCC
• Identifying and implementing decisions regarding operational improvements and risk management
• Managing the flow of all critical information within the network to ensure all relevant stakeholders are informed to make the best possible decisions
• Acting as the primary liaison point for advising Qantas & Jetstar media/PR and management on specific disruptions
• Implementing work practices, processes and systems geared to improving the JOCC’s capability around network integrity
• Ongoing skill development and coaching of the JOCC reps
• Providing daily functional and technical leadership to the JOCC and tactical response / escalation as needed.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have:
• Strong experience leading an operational team and delivering outcomes within an airline environment
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and plan commercial programs of work
• Experience in implementing and driving operational efficiencies
• Strong consultation skills and able to interact with all levels of an organisation
• Demonstrated experience managing team performance
• 5 years experience in an Operations Control Centre
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
Applications must be made with an "Application for Internal Vacancy Form" attached. Forms are available via JEN.
All employees are required to have their Manager's signature to indicate their knowledge of this application. If applicable, the signature also indicates approval for an employee with less than 12 months or specified period with the Company to apply for this position.
Only those staff whose qualifications and experience meet the criteria for the position will be considered for an interview.