Jetstar has a unique culture that stems from our core brand values of being safe and responsible, being efficient, having a consistently can-do attitude, working as one team, being passionate about enjoyment and genuinely caring. Our values underpin the way we work.
We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled. We encourage all our employees to use their different perspectives, talent, skill and experience.
Based out of Melbourne, we are currently seeking a Sitecore Software Engineer to solely focus on Jetstar Holiday Packages. The Holiday Packages team is part of the Hooroo subsidiary of Jetstar Airways. Hooroo provide a technical delivery capability into Jetstar commercial and also provides hotel booking and e-commerce for the QANTAS group under a number of brands.
Your main accountabilities will include:
• The Holiday Packages Team is a cross-functional team with a General Manager, Inventory Manager, Marketing Specialist, Product Owner and Engineering members.
• Collaborate and consult with the other members of the team and, also, other parts of Jetstar and Hooroo as required.
• Use initiative to find productive ways to support business outcomes with online sales and Holiday Packages.
• The environment is a combination of Lean and Agile whereby process traditions are kept to the minimum necessary to deliver business outcomes. Process, practice and general methodology will change and mature as the team shape and complexity changes.
• Being part of Jetstar will require an ASIC security clearance and ongoing safety and process awareness training.
• Jetstar uses Sitecore as its general content management system for all Jetstar branded pages. As such the Sitecore pages provide landing pages for different lines of business within Jetstar, content hosted on the pages can change frequently according to marketing and advertising campaigns or any other messages to customers.
• A strong collaborative drive and interpersonal communication capability is required.
• Demonstrate an orientation to visual detail and will continuously carries a duty of care toward the Jetstar brand - both in the Holiday Packages related pages and by coordinating with the Jetstar Digital team, avoiding any negative impact to other Jetstar branded pages hosted in Sitecore.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Sitecore Component Development
• .NET Web Application development with Sitecore
• Proficiency with the Sitecore tools, platform and libraries.
• Troubleshooting Sitecore components across different web browsers and platforms
• Improving the response time of Sitecore sites.
• Deploying components into multiple environments (staging and production)
• Creating custom connectors to consume information from other sources and present them in Sitecore pages.
Development Tooling and Environment
• Version control: Git and GitHub
• Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio
• Amazon AWS
• Google Docs
Culture and perks
• Product process designed to be as diverse and creative as possible
• A culture of experimentation
• Knowledge sharing practices that are ideal for personal development
• Emphasis on good UX principles and practices
• Personal training budget
• Generous staff travel benefit with The Qantas Group and other airlines
• Discounts on hotel accommodation
• Great colleagues who care about each other
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.