Creating a safe and enjoyable customer experience is at the heart of what we do. It is imperative that our crew remain informed and compliant with our company's operation manuals, policies and all relevant legislation. And this is where our experienced group of Cabin Crew Managers become involved!
As Cabin Crew Manager, you will be based within our crew room situated at the airports and will be responsible for performance related issues, reviews and development of our Star Development Managers and Cabin Crew working within a 24/7 operation. Comfortable working rostered shifts, you will be required to be on-call (in rotation) and will assist with operational decisions that need to be made outside of normal hours of work.
Reporting to the Manager Crew Performance North, your key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Accountability for the overall performance of our Star Development Managers and Cabin Crew, including recruitment, management and development of your team
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with relevant legislation, Aviation Security, Health and Safety and Jetstar policies
- Support the delivery of training and induction of all new crew to base
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to contribute to overall Jetstar business objectives.
- Lead crew engagement initiatives and influence the delivery of excellence customer service
- Act as a role model for our standards of conduct including presentation, behaviour and consistently engaging our company values
- Review, analyse and map patterns in terms of absenteeism, no shows and lateness.
This role is predominantly based at Brisbane Airport; however, you will be required to make regular visits to Gold Coast Airport as this role also supports the Cabin Crew team based there. To be considered for this role you will have:
- Current experience managing a team of face to face customer service professionals demonstrating strong attendance, reliability and strong leadership.
- Exposure to front-line team management highly regarded
- Site based leadership skills with the ability to motivate and support a remote team in the air and on the ground (high priority)
- Ability to plan, prioritise a high volume of workload
- Exposure to managing teams in a shift/rostered work environment
- Proven influencing skills in driving customer service and operational initiatives.
- Strong business awareness and the ability to understand and communicate corporate initiatives and strategies across the team
- Exceptional communication, networking, negotiating, influencing, team-player, engaging skills - all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- A natural ability to deliver difficult messages with confidence, handle conflict when required and champion consistency, fairness and correct application of policies and processes here at Jetstar.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.