Jetstar thrives on innovation. We're currently looking for a Senior Finance leader to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice.
Reporting to the Head of Group Financial Control the current vacancy is for a Senior Revenue Accounting Manager to oversee the Group Revenue Accounting function.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver accurate, timely and compliant revenue accounting for the Jetstar Group of airlines.
You will be responsible for leading a large, geographically split team of accountants whilst also driving a key change programme focused on process and system improvement.
Reporting to the Head of Group Financial Control your main accountabilities will include:
• Managing a team of 12 geographically dispersed accountants and transactional staff and an outsourced arrangement in two locations.
• Production of the Jetstar Group Revenue Monthly Financials.
• Management of finance and governance controls to meet Group Policies and International Accounting Standards.
• Managing the compliance and business requirements to achieve best compliant commercial outcome.
• Responsible for Audit and Tax compliance (Sales taxes for example GST, VAT, US Taxes, etc.)
• Business Partnering as the key advisor and contact for matters relating to revenue recognition, accounting and settlement for all Jetstar Branded Airlines and the Jetstar Group.
• Responsible for inter-company reconciliations across the Jetstar Group
• Talent management within team, development of objectives and succession planning.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• Professional accounting qualification e.g. CA/CPA/CIMA
• Solid Financial/Revenue Accounting experience in a leadership role
• Previous experience working in a complex and high pressure corporate environment
• Experience in leading a team through significant change
• Experience in the Airline or high turnover/low margin industry is highly desirable
• Strong financial and problem solving skills together with a high level of commercial acumen
• Ability to manage a high performing team in a fast-paced environment across multiple geographies and cultures
• Strong ability to influence, cross-culturally, externally and internally
• Excellent relationship development and stakeholder management skills
• Willingness to travel internationally as required
This is a great opportunity for a highly experienced, technically strong accountant who is looking for a challenging role in a fast paced, highly interesting industry.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.