As Operations Manager based at Adelaide airport, you will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of both domestic and international front and back of house activity through close management of the Airport and Ramp Duty Management team. This role has a strong focus on operational, financial and safety objectives, in addition to ensuring an extremely high standard of customer and internal services is delivered and targets are achieved.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Ground Operations, key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Delivery of both front and back of house customer service, operational, ramp and baggage, financial and safety goals and KPIs for across Cairns airport, domestic and international.
- Responsible for all people management of staff at the airport, including recruitment and selection, performance, training and development
- Ensuring compliance, currency and adherence with mandatory requirements and group policy in respect of security, safety and OHS
- Contribution to the continual enhancement of front of house and ramp performance against agreed operational, safety, OHS and customer service goals, objectives and KPIs including short-term and long-term business planning
- Implementing and strengthening the Jetstar culture including service culture, operating style and safety.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Exposure to leading and managing large teams with proven track record in consistently exceeding set metrics in an operational industry
- High levels of data literacy and computer skills
- Experience with dealing in a complex, lean business environment and engaging, negotiating with, and influencing stakeholders at all managerial levels, both internally and externally
- Exposure to air safety legislations, CASA regulatory requirements and experience managing audit programs will be highly regarded.
- Ability to plan, prioritise a high volume of workload
- Exposure to managing teams in a shift/rostered work environment
- Proven influencing skills in driving customer service and operational initiatives.
- Strong business awareness and the ability to understand and communicate corporate initiatives and strategies across the team
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft.
Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.