Safety is our number one priority at Jetstar and our number one team for the job are our Engineers. At every stage, all maintenance needs to be documented and detailed records maintained. This keeps our safety standards at the highest level and allows us to ensure that aircraft parts are ordered and available at all times. It's a highly responsible, thorough and rewarding career path.
Based out of Auckland Airport, we are looking for an ambitious Production Planner to plan all scheduled maintenance requests from the Jetstar and Qantas Part 42 organisations. This involves ensuring that the AMO has adequate facilities, resources, parts and tooling and work as a united team to plan and ensure the requested maintenance is completed on schedule.
Reporting to the Line Maintenance Manager your main accountabilities include:
- Build, maintain and continually improve the partnership established with stakeholders, relentlessly seeking ‘new ways’ to meet customer needs and support the business to achieve critical business goals
- Provide detailed AMO performance reports to the Regional and Line Maintenance Managers
- Investigate and review serious incidents and assist in implementation of corrective actions
- Develop and implement suitable OHS strategic plans based on Qantas Group risk management principles
- Demonstrate commitment and leadership to OHS by participating in meetings, inspections and other appropriate activities
- Encourage and promote in achieving a safe and healthy workplace
- Provide recommendations to the Maintenance Managers and Supervisors regarding resource levels / usage
- Ensure all facility stakeholders are aligned with the delivery of maintenance events
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure all resources are available to deliver the maintenance event
- Attend maintenance event review and continuous improvement meetings
- Raising awareness material where appropriate (eg: Read & Initial, Tech-log notices and manual amendments)
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Maintenance Planning skills/experience
- Trade qualification desirable but not essential
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels across the business
- Demonstrate knowledge of PART 145 / 42 regulatory framework
- Exposure to a Maintenance Operation Centre environment
- Exposure to regulatory bodies
- Understanding of TRAX (desirable not essential) and Microsoft Office applications (excel, project, PowerPoint)
- Customer focused
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.