Our airport based Ground Operations team is where the magic happens in creating a safe, efficient and enjoyable experience from the moment our passengers enter the airport, until they launch into the sky. We are looking for a strategic, lean-focused professional to manage and control all Ramp Service activities at two of our critical Jetstar ports.
Following an exciting internal move, we are now seeking an experienced operations-focused manager to form part of our senior leadership team, with the ultimate responsibility of leading the safe and efficient operation of our back of house operation at both Sydney and Adelaide airports.
Reporting to our Airport Manager Sydney/Adelaide and based predominately at Sydney Airport, your key responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility of the financial performance and achieving or exceeding budget at allocated ports within the designated region
- Achieve ongoing people management, performance, financial and service delivery objectives
- Maintaining a focussed and consistent approach to ramp procedures and safety compliance
- Ensuring delivery of ramp activities in accordance with Client Service Agreements / Contract obligations
- Achieving or exceeding the safety and security standards and targets across both airports
- Develop and implement key business plans, policies and objectives to ensure achievement of strategic targets and overall Jetstar business plans and budgets
- Provide leadership in the workplace and support change initiatives including providing support and expertise to the Jetstar Airways network Ramp operation as required
- Comply and drive appropriate safety culture in the workplace.
Key deliverables include working to all Airport policies and managing all aspects of the operation, people, financial and safety functions.
Key criteria includes:
- Strong people management experience and understanding of employment conditions
- Comprehensive understanding & experience in airport operations
- Awareness and understanding of Aviation Legislation Requirements (Ramp/Loading preferred)
- The ability to ensure implementation of the corporate processes and procedures to ensure team compliance
- Awareness understanding of all aspects of operational safety, security and emergency procedures
You will be a proven performance-driven operational leader, passionate about leading and developing service-based professionals at all levels. You will pride yourself on your communication, organisation and coaching skills with an eye for working smarter and with efficiency.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 180 aircraft.
Applications close strictly 4pm AEST, Tuesday 22 August 2017.