Jetstar thrives on innovation. We are always looking to employ ambitious, proactive, team-orientated professionals to help our business work smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively whilst developing and maintaining best practice.
Have you ever wondered what happens to your Jetstar flight booking? Come and join the Group Revenue Accounting Team in the capacity of Senior Revenue Accountant and find out. As a member of the team, you will support passenger revenue recognition and reporting for the 3 Jetstar branded airlines with a turnover more than $3 billion.
Reporting to the Group Revenue Accounting Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
• Interaction with different stakeholders and playing a key role in driving significant process and control improvements that will make an impact on overall group effectiveness
• Preparation or review of reconciliations, accrual calculations and journals.
• Supporting internal and external audit processes
• Championing the One Team Two Locations methodology of Group Revenue Accounting Team
• Supporting the development of team members
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills, qualifications and experience:
• Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills
• General passion for improving business process
• Proven problem solving skills, particularly within the context of interfacing systems
• Adaptability in a dynamic and changing environment
• Degree in Finance or Accounting plus CPA or equivalent is a pre-requisite
• Prior experience in low margin, high volume environment highly regarded
• Develop sound understanding of key accounting principles and standards
• Strong leadership skills, prior management of small size team advantageous
• Ability to work to tight and conflicting datelines.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,000 and have flown more than 140 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,000 flights a week to more than 60 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 100 aircraft.
Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value. * Jetstar Hong Kong is pending regulatory approval.