Jetstar has a unique culture that stems from our core brand values of being safe and responsible, being efficient, having a consistently can-do attitude, working as one team, being passionate about enjoyment and genuinely caring. Our values underpin the way we work.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Principal Advisor to join our Safety Assurance team. Being a part of a centralised team, the objective of this role is to work closely with our business units and stakeholders across the JANZ network to build upon and proactively seek the ways of optimising safety performance in line with legislative obligations and international standards.
Reporting to Manager Safety Assurance Programs, your main accountabilities will include:
• Conducting Safety Audits and Investigations in accordance with legislative obligations, international standards and Jetstar business requirements
• Championing the development, delivery, and management of Jetstar safety assurance activities
• Planning, coordinating, conducting, monitoring and reporting on safety assurance activities
• Communicating Jetstar safety assurance requirements and expectations
• Capturing safety assurance activities through use of the safety data management system
• Communicating with appropriate managers on safety assurance findings, negotiating and monitoring action completion by due dates
• Promoting workplace safety and participative management practices
• Providing Manager Safety Assurance Programs with recommended solutions to identified safety opportunities and deficiencies
• Acting as the Manager Safety Assurance Programs where required
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• Qualifications as an Auditor/Lead Auditor in Quality/Safety Management Systems
• Proven experience as a systems auditor or an investigator, in a high risk or transport related industry
• Ability to act with diplomacy, integrity and discretion under pressure
• Prioritisation and the use of risk management methodologies and tools
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated excellent auditing and investigation skills
• Ability to be a critical thinker
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.