Our vision is simple. Making your world more accessible. Connecting people with people and people with experiences. We offer all day, every day low fares to enable more people to fly to more places, more often.
Our values are symbols of the people at Jetstar.
Innovation is at the heart of how we operate and how we thrive in a competitive airline industry. Together we work hard, we laugh, we share, we support each other, we look after each other and we celebrate our successes.
We have a unique opening within our Group Safety and Standards team. We’re currently looking for an experienced Manager to drive operational safety and consistency enhancements for our Group Flight Training Programs across our Jetstar branded Airlines.
With the consideration of local regulations and operating environments, you will ensure that through effective and common flight crew training systems, each of our airlines’ operational risk controls are in depth, resilient and continuously improved.
Reporting to Head of Group Safety and Standards, your main accountabilities will include:
• Review the effectiveness of cyclic training and checking programs, seeking alignment opportunities and champion development to remain contemporary, relevant, and considerate of operational risk environments
• Continuing development of specific training and checking programs and associated pre-requisites, including the effective management of risk
• Reviewing integration of Human Factors and NTS into the recurrent cyclic and command upgrade simulator training programs
• Support the development of consistent and effective inter-rater reliability programs
• Reviewing and trialing new technologies and products that may enhance training outcomes and efficiency
• Developing and integrating specific training programs aligned with Jetstar/Qantas Group and industry incident/accident learnings
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• Qualified Airbus pilot with recent check and/or training background, preferably at a senior airline level
• Airline industry experience in Asia-Pacific
• Demonstrated ability to manage and function effectively in a cross-cultural Asian environment
• Civil aviation regulatory environment understanding
• Demonstrated project management experience preferred
• Ability to influence stakeholders across all levels of the business
• Continuous improvement mindset
• A high level of computer competency
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.