If you love the road less travelled, then you’ll love working at Jetstar, every step you take has the potential to advance Jetstar as the clear customer choice in value travel.
At Jetstar you can expect the unexpected and because we are constantly evolving you’ll get the chance to think ahead, explore new ideas and contribute in a positive, entrepreneurial environment. Together we work hard, we laugh, we share, we support each other, we look after each other and we celebrate our successes.
We’re about to enter a particularly exciting 12 months and are seeking an experienced People Advisor to support us through this busy period. Providing expert operational HR advice, whilst undertaking a full range of HR activities, this is a true business partner role where you will be challenged by taking full ownership of the demands that come with a dynamic and complex environment.
Reporting to the People Manager, your main accountabilities will include:
• Managing generalist HR activities and supporting the business with general HR enquiries
• Coaching frontline leaders on a broad range of people matters, including performance feedback, disciplinary processes, attendance management and recruitment
• Demonstrating an understanding of policies, procedures and , providing frontline leaders with advice, best practice approach as well as balancing the commercial impacts of people related matters
• Supporting client groups to complete annual KPIs, and end of year performance reviews, on time and to a high quality
• Contributing to the development and delivery of frontline leader training & development initiatives
• Supporting People Manager with coordination of investigations and resolution of industrial relation matters, as required
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• Tertiary qualifications in HR or a related discipline
• Experienced in an HR generalist role - Previous experience working in a unionised environment would be highly regarded
• The ability to take ownership of the role and be a true business partner to a wide scope of stakeholders
• A willingness to travel, interstate as required
• Demonstrated capabilities to work in a complex, evolving and fast paced environment
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.