Airport Duty Manager
Job no: 496782
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Customer Service, Ground Operations
Creating a safe and enjoyable customer experience is at the heart of what we do. It is imperative that our team members at the airport continuously drive a safety and customer focused culture as to achieve business results. And this is where our experienced team of Airport Duty Managers become involved!
As Airport Duty Manager, you will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day oversight and management of the Sydney airports domestic operational performance. The role has a strong focus on team member development and performance management, in addition to ensuring an extremely high standard of customer service is delivered and targets are achieved.
Comfortable working rostered shifts and reporting to the Airport Services Manager, key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Fostering an enhanced awareness with all team members for OH&S, aviation safety and security policies
- Management of domestic operational performance
- Consistency in achieving KPI's relating to safety, on-time performance, customer satisfaction and financial deliverables.
- Management of Sydney domestic airport's customer service delivery to ensure it is in line with the company's brand values, in addition to acting as a secondary escalation point where required for problem resolution and disrupt management
- Building strong, professional relationships with our Team Leaders based in Sydney, ensuring day to day customer service delivery is successful
- Ensure team member training is compliant and knowledge is retained
- Continuously developing and the ongoing performance management of all relevant team members
- Working with the resourcing and people teams to ensure a high standard of recruitment is actioned and all team members are effectively managed through regular mentoring, conversations and reviews.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Current experience managing a team of customer service professionals demonstrating strong attendance, reliability and strong leadership.
- Exposure to front-line team management highly regarded
- Ability to plan, prioritise a high volume of workload
- Exposure to managing teams in a shift/rostered work environment
- Proven influencing skills in driving customer service and operational initiatives.
- Strong business awareness and the ability to understand and communicate corporate initiatives and strategies across the team
- A natural ability to deliver difficult messages with confidence, handle conflict when required and champion consistency, fairness and correct application of policies and processes here at Jetstar.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft.
Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.
Applications close strictly 5pm AEDST, Thursday 23 February 2017.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a star