Job no: 496637
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Marketing, Digital Distribution
Hooroo is a fast growing wholly owned Qantas Group company that provides hotels to Qantas and Jetstar flyers and through our own consumer facing brand Hooroo. Despite being only 4 years old Hooroo takes nearly 400,000 bookings a year and has huge potential for continued growth.
Hooroo is already a medium-size business employing approximately 40 people in Melbourne and running a call centre in Manila. The platform that runs Qantas hotels and Jetstar Hotels is developed by an in-house delivery team consisting of approximately 20 people. This team work using agile and lean methodologies and those practices extend beyond the development team to include the way the sales, marketing, finance and strategy teams work. We are a collaborative, creative, respectful, cross-functional, cost effective team that takes accountability for delivering results. We are a business within a business and proud of our own unique culture.
The product designer role is a key role within the delivery team and responsible for all aspects of the user experience across Qantas and Jetstar hotels. The role includes defining and delivering UX design for all aspects of the business to maximise the customer journey and as a result our growth. This includes research, sketching, storyboards, user journeys, wireframes, interaction design, pattern libraries, brand assets, and visual design for web, mobile, and email media. This role is expected to help bring together disparate objectives by collaborating closely with product and commercial teams, and to pair closely with developers to implement from sketch to code.
The critical ambition of the role is to improve the customer experience to acquire more traffic to our platform, convert more purchases, and drive retention. Choosing the right initiatives and executing effectively will be critical to success.
Reporting to the UX Manager, your main accountabilities will include:
- Implement and collaborate on qualitative and quantitative research to provide insight for discovery within business channels, or as part of 'build, measure, learn' iterative improvement
- Work collaboratively with product, commercial, marketing and technology members to discover and build solutions that innovate and elevate the customer offering and business value
- Draw on data, user insights and experience to contribute to effective decision-making around work prioritisation to deliver on commercial and customer objectives
- Contribute to the development and acknowledgement of objectives and key results associated with scheduled work and timelines
- Manage the Qantas & Jetstar brand identity in all forms across all assets within the hotels online experience. This includes tone of voice, imagery, brand, colours, fonts and patterns across web and other mediums (email, print, brochures, apps etc).
- Manage and oversee resources or service providers that are required to fulfil objectives involving UX or design. This could include contractors, permanent staff, third party applications or agencies
- Forge and maintain relationships with Qantas and Jetstar business units that are relevant to the cohesive integration of hotels UX within the greater online experience of individual brands
- Adhere to team processes and standards, while promoting process improvement where appropriate
- Own the knowledge and ability to apply accessibility and WCAG 2.0 standards across the web experience
- Remain up-to-date on usability and design best practice. Share this knowledge with others while incorporating trends and best practices where appropriate
- Participate in stand-ups, working group discussions, retrospectives, showcases, and presentations
To be considered for this role you will have:
- 5+ years experience in a dedicated digital design role
- Creative and passionate product designer with demonstrated industry and thought leadership within the UX field, with an exceptional portfolio of work
- Experience with a range of user research methodologies
- Must be able to think clearly, creatively and work independently within a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish sound working relationships with senior personnel and peers, and offer guidance to more junior members of the team
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a commitment to great design
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills, able to manage multiple streams of work at the same time
- Maturity, ability to exercise initiative
- Be proficient in design tools - Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Axure, Omnigraffle
- Working knowledge or understanding of HTML & CSS
With your application, please include a link to your portfolio.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a star