Jetstar's vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.
Our airport based Ground Operations team is where the magic happens in creating a safe, efficient and enjoyable experience from the moment our passengers enter the airport, until they launch into the sky. We are looking for a strategic, lean-focused professional to lead and support our business in working smarter and more efficiently. You will be encouraged to think innovatively and develop and maintain best practice.
We are currently seeking an experienced and strategic operations-focused manager to form part of our senior ground operations leadership team, with the ultimate responsibility of supporting, developing and delivering our strategic objectives. Responsible for a highly pivotal function within our business, you will lead our front and back of house airport-based team, ensuring our passengers and their belongings are safely transported throughout the airports when traveling with Jetstar.
Reporting to our Senior Manager Ground Operations and based primarily at Melbourne airport, your key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of all passenger handling activity across both Melbourne and Avalon airports
- Representing Jetstar's interests across Melbourne and Avalon and building strong relationships with the airport leadership team, operators and other major stakeholders
- Building measurable improvement in the areas of safety outcomes, on time performance, customer excellence and cost reduction, overall people leadership of our ground operations teams at the airports, including recruitment and selection, performance, training, development and compliance
- Actively seeking opportunities to share and add value across other Jetstar business units and areas of the Qantas Group.
To be successful in this role, you will be a proven performance-driven operational leader, passionate about leading and developing service-based professionals at all levels. You will pride yourself on your communication, organisation and coaching skills with an eye for working smarter and with efficiency.
Key criteria includes:
- Demonstrated track record of leading strategic change in a complex operational environment
- Exposure to leading and managing large teams with proven track record in consistently exceeding set metrics
- High levels of data literacy and computer skills
- Experience with dealing in a complex, lean business environment and engaging, negotiating with, and influencing stakeholders at all managerial levels, both internally and externally
- Exposure to air safety legislations, CASA regulatory requirements and experience managing audit programs will be highly regarded.
Your planning and communication skills will be exemplary and you will be comfortable dealing with people at all levels. You will have the opportunity to become part of a passionate and driven, high performing team and there is a real opportunity here for you to make your mark and contribute your knowledge to a great organisation in an exciting industry.
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 180 aircraft.
Applications close 5pm AEST Thursday 25 May 2017.